Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wire Concept 1



Alright, so I'm brand new to the whole concept of spinning wire and whatnot...but instead of thinking up 5 different concepts and spreading myself thin, I will just create 5 different objects for one concept.

Sorry for the rudimentary way to show it, but I honestly can't think of any other way to show how the wire will form.

Basically I am going to create 5 wire "appendages" - (Considering doing fingers) One for each arm, one for each leg, and one for either the head or for the male reproductive organ.

Yeah, that's what I said.  I believe that it will get everyone's attention, and it is definitely something unique.  Artists with phallic symbolism or content have been getting attention for years, I do not see why I can not continue such a trend.

If you don't like it or are offended in any way...too bad.

Essentially, all of the wire would wrap around the wearer, where a string of the wire will connect across the back, around the waist, and down the torso, so as to attach each piece together.  I am hoping this will be strong enough to hold, the wire shouldn't weigh too much.  If this does not work, I will consider other options regarding how to connect each piece to another.

I plan on adding more pictures as I figure out how to work with wire (please don't mark me down for not enough pictures, Lynette.  This is all I can think of to represent my idea at the moment).

1 comment:

  1. Zack,

    It looks like you've given a lot of thought into this project, and you know what you want to do. I completely agree with what your doing and what your getting at, and I think it does what the assignment is asking for... your using the human body to portray the human body, and how it's using that relationship between the body and it's surroundings to showcase your art (in this case, wire art) and gain some reactions and perspective from the viewer... In other words, I get it. One thing I'm not clear on, is it the whole body, or JUST the appendages, and if so. why?

    ReplyDelete