Sunday, February 7, 2010

Meg's Wire Sculpture


One of my ideas for the wearable wire sculpture project is a Sea Turtle Helmet. I would construct him using three different gauges of wire. The other material I'd use would be green beads for the shell. I would bead them on the thinnner wire and weave it on the shell. There would be a hole at the underside of his shell in order to wear him as a helmet.
Another one of my ideas is to make a Cancer Awarness Ribbon Armband. It would cuff around the top of the arm symbolizing strength/fight. I would constuct this arm cuff using two different gauges of wire. The thicker wire would be for the outside "skeleton" and the thinner wire would be to fill in the open space. I would use purple/pink beads on the thin wire to give it color and meaning.

3 comments:

  1. I really like both of your ideas for this project. Although I prefer the turtle helmet, I think the Cancer Awareness Ribbon has definite meaning behind it and would incorporate the idea of a body in fight with cancer. I know you're going to use beads to add color, but I think you could also benefit from colored wire. I know green wire can easily be found at a hardware store and would really lend itself to your turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura, I would go more for the Turtle Helmet. I like the Ribbon idea, but it would still have a lot of meaning off and on the body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am partial to the turtle helmet. It would give you a better chance to "spread your wings" as they say and really get some depth out of the project.

    ReplyDelete