Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bianca's Wire Sculpture


I'm having a hard time narrowing down my ideas for this project but so far I've come up two designs I'd like to create. The first is a bow belt. The actual belt part and the outline of the bow would be thick gauged wire. Thinner wire and colored yarn would connect the three segments on each side.


My other idea is a summer type dress. I would use thick gauged wire for the majority of it. I'd like to have all or most the wires connect at one point in front of or above the shoulder. At the intersecting point I'd like to use fabric and wire to make a bow or complex shape all the wires would connect to. I am also considering having string or fabric hanging from the intersecting point, but I think it would make it too busy. I'd like to be ambitious enough to do a dress, however I'm having a hard time coming up with a way to make it easily removable, any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the dress, and I don't think that making bow/shape on the shoulder would make it too busy, that is actually what is the most appealing to me! I think that having a big, colorful design right there would lead the eye very nicely across the dress, although making the dress easily removable does seem like a challenge.. It would have to be almost cylindrical it seems, to be able to get it over the curves. But I think it's a great idea if you're up for the challenge =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the dress would be very cool as well. Maybe you could make the dress on a hinge of some sort with a clasp on the other side. That way you would have a way to get in and out of it without ruining it. Although, knowing how hard the wire is to deal with, that may be a bit difficult...

    ReplyDelete