Monday, February 8, 2010

Morgan's wire sketches

The design on the left is a tutu-ish wrap around type thing, the drawing isn't very accurate to the idea, but basically the wires would come off the waist about 18inches, and be completely perpendicular to the body, and create a perfect circle. I would have some sort of decor hanging down from the ends of the wire although I am not sure about what to use at the moment.

The one on the right was my first idea, and probably the one I am leaning towards. I wanted to create a Lady Gaga inspired head dress. Around the neck would be a big nest of black feathers supported by a wire structure, and protruding from the back of the neck would be a fan of different sized wires, peacock feathers, and beads, or pretty much anything I can find.


Suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. I think you should do the "Lady Gaga" piece. I can see that being really interesting, and it just looks cooler! (in the sketched anyway :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both ideas but the neck piece would make a bigger statement. If possible you should try to use a few actual twigs or branches. Any idea how high the wires in the back would go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would want them to be at the tallest point 3 feet, and actually the idea of using sticks really helps me! because i was really worrying about how to form wire in the shape of a branch.. It seems pretty ridiculous! But I didn't want to abandon the idea completely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both ideas, i think the head peace would be the most intresting though. The tutu you would have to find a way to keep it up b/c of the weight. but if i had to choose one it would be the head peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though both ideas are interesting, I do believe that the "Lady Gaga" head dress would be more appealing. Bianca had a great idea of including the branches. If you haven't already thought about it, you could still wrap the wire around the branches/twigs in a whimsical like manner. I just think it might help keep the flow of the wire throughout your piece.

    ReplyDelete