Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Andrew's Sketch Idea


This is my wire sculpture idea. I wanted to take the term brace face to the next level. By placing actual train tracks around the head of the person who wears it. Everything is made out of wire, except for the tracks which will be made out of thin sheets of balsa wood, or something similar to that. The track around the head will be supported by the wire that will be placed in the mouth as a mouth guard. I think the wires light enough to stay up. If not then I plan on using wire to hold up the tracks as they rest on the person's shoulders. If you have any other ideas as to how i can keep the tracks from falling down please let me know... thanks

3 comments:

  1. For the sake of everyone...don't put that wire in someone's mouth. Or at least coat it with something soft and non-toxic...but otherwise I really like the idea. When I tried to do a long piece of wire, it was really flimsy. Bunching a lot of long pieces should help, but it may be a lot of wire. Making the wire as straight as possible and using a few spaced out pieces in one support area may work best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the railroad track is an awesome idea! For the outside of the track you might want to try a thicker gauged wire so it dosen't bend as easily. Also, you could try to add braces from the posts on your shoulders to about the half way point between the posts. I think it might be different if you added the railroad crossing arms in front of your mouth too! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats an awesome idea. Do you plan on adding a train on the tracks? I think that adding a train would make it more interesting then it already is.

    ReplyDelete